Founding Product Designer
The spreadsheet is arguably the most impactful piece of software ever created. From VisiCalc, to Lotus, to Excel it propelled computers to the mainstream, powers nearly every industry in the world, and has endured 40+ years. At Equals, we are building the next spreadsheet — a modern spreadsheet, for modern analysis. We see this as an opportunity to improve the quality and speed of decision making all over the world.
We're an experienced team, well funded by the best investors and innovators in Silicon Valley. We're looking for the first product designer to join the team. In this role you'll own all design from conception to shipped product, and you'll be a key partner in developing our overall product strategy.
You might be a fit if...
- You genuinely love and get energy from creating something new and putting it into the world.
- You obsessively try new products; you have a strong knowledge of design and software history.
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity of zero-to-one type work; you talk to users to fill in your blind spots.
- You are a strong systems thinker with experience working on products with system design challenges.
- You have a nose for simplicity in all things. You fight to make complex things simpler; when you get stuck you take a step back and re-frame the problem.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator; you engage in constructive debate with the team.
- You are a strong visual designer and care deeply about putting something delightful and beautiful into the world.
Sound interesting? Mail email@example.com to learn more.